Company values matter. Every successful company has a set of company values to assist their employees in achieving their goals as well as the company’s. They are the essence of the company’s identity and summarises the purpose of their existence.
Company values are a guide on how the company should run and they are normally integrated in the company’s mission statement. Companies should try to establish their company values as a team instead of just the leader or management. By doing so, everyone in the company would feel belong and they would feel needed and not neglected.
Here are 190 brilliant examples of well-known companies and their company values to help you get an idea and inspiration, for writing your own.
190 Brilliant Examples of Company Values
2. The Best People
3. Client Value Creation
4. One Global Network
5. Respect for the Individual
7. Performance: Sport is the foundation for all we do and executional excellence is a core value of our Group.
8. Passion: Passion is at the heart of our company. We are continuously moving forward, innovating, and improving.
9. Integrity: We are honest, open, ethical, and fair. People trust us to adhere to our word.
10. Diversity: We know it takes people with different ideas, strengths, interests, and cultural backgrounds to make our company succeed. We encourage healthy debate and differences of opinion.
Related: Read our article about Adobe’s own company culture.
15. Customer Commitment
19. Respect for People
20. Good Citisenship
21. A Will to Win
22. Personal Accountability
Barnes & Noble Booksellers
23. Customer Service
Ben and Jerry’s Ice-Cream
30. We strive to minimize our negative impact on the environment.
31. We strive to show a deep respect for human beings inside and outside our company and for the communities in which they live.
32. We seek and support nonviolent ways to achieve peace and justice. We believe government resources are more productively used in meeting human needs than in building and maintaining weapons systems.
33. We strive to create economic opportunities for those who have been denied them and to advance new models of economic justice that are sustainable and replicable.
34. We support sustainable and safe methods of food production that reduce environmental degradation, maintain the productivity of the land over time, and support the economic viability of family farms and rural communities.
41. Leadership: The courage to shape a better future
42. Collaboration: Leverage collective genius
43. Integrity: Be real
44. Accountability: If it is to be, it’s up to me
45. Passion: Committed in heart and mind
46. Diversity: As inclusive as our brands
47. Quality: What we do, we do well
48. Focus on impact
49. Move fast
50. Be bold
51. Be open
52. Build social value
Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
53. Supporting Sustainability
54. Building Communities
55. Advancing Cancer Research
56. Passion means we use our drive and commitment to energize, engage and inspire others.
57. Courage means we are entrepreneurial and thus take risks, reach beyond boundaries and experiment.
58. Integrity means we are consistently open, honest, ethical and genuine.
See our article Creating Company Values that Boost Company Culture for more inspiring company values ideas.
59. Focus on the user and all else will follow.
60. It’s best to do one thing really, really well.
61. Fast is better than slow.
62. Democracy on the web works.
63. You don’t need to be at your desk to need an answer.
64. You can make money without doing evil.
65. There’s always more information out there.
66. The need for information crosses all borders.
67. You can be serious without a suit.
68. Great just isn’t good enough.
69. We believe in people
70. We are one team
71. Straightforward and open-minded
72. Keep it simple
73. Entrepreneurial spirit
74. Constant improvement
The Honest Company
Related: Read our article on the corporate culture at the Honest Company.
76. Create a Culture of Honesty
77. Make Beauty
79. Service Matters
80. Sustain Life
81. Be Accessible
82. Pay it Forward
Related: Read our detailed article on the IKEA corporate culture.
84. Humbleness and willpower.
85. Leadership by example.
86. Daring to be different.
87. Togetherness and enthusiasm.
89. Constant desire for renewal.
90. Accept and delegate responsibility.
96. A focus on success
97. It is our nature to innovate.
98. Nike is a company.
99. Nike is a brand.
100. Simplify and go.
101. The consumer decides.
102. Be a sponge.
103. Evolve immediately.
104. Do the right thing.
105. Master the fundamentals.
106. We are on the offense – always.
107. Remember the man. (The late Bill Bowerman, Nike co-founder)”
Procter & Gamble
111. Passion for Winning
113. Fanatical Support in all we do.
114. Results first, substance over flash.
115. Committed to Greatness
116. Full Disclosure and Transparency
117. Passion for our Work
118. Treat fellow Rackers like Friends and Family
119. Work Hard
120. Desire to be the best
121. Be courageous
122. Display urgency
125. Follow The Golden Rule
126. Adhere to the Principles
127. Treat others with respect
128. Put others first
129. Be egalitarian
130. Demonstrate proactive Customer Service
131. Embrace the SWA Family
132. Have FUN
133. Don’t take yourself too seriously
134. Maintain perspective
135. Celebrate successes
136. Enjoy your work
137. Be a passionate Teamplayer
138. Safety and Reliability
139. Friendly Customer Service
140. Low Cost
141. Be your own customer
142. Empower individuals
143. Design is not a luxury
144. Good work takes time
145. Optimize towards ideals
147. Creating a culture of warmth and belonging, where everyone is welcome.
148. Acting with courage, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
149. Being present, connecting with transparency, dignity and respect.
150. Delivering our very best in all we do, holding ourselves accountable for results.
Teach for America
151. Transformational Change
155. Respect and Humility
156. Grow our business in a way that makes us proud.
157. Recognize that passion and personality matter.
158. Communicate fearlessly to build trust.
159. Defend and respect the user’s voice.
160. Reach every person on the planet.
161. Innovate through experimentation.
162. Seek diverse perspectives.
163. Be rigorous. Get it right.
165. Ship it.
166. We think customer
167. We lead the way
168. We do the right thing
169. We are determined to deliver
170. Together we make the difference
171. Treat customers the way we’d like to be treated.
172. Create an environment where employees can think big, have fun, and do good.
173. Get out there.
174. Green is good.
177. Customer Fixation
181. Deliver WOW Through Service
182. Embrace and Drive Change
183. Create Fun and A Little Weirdness
184. Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
185. Pursue Growth and Learning
186. Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication
187. Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
188. Do More With Less
189. Be Passionate and Determined
190. Be Humble
Company values are vital to the overall success of building a business. Companies need to take ownership and define their company values. Company values need to be constantly reinforced and reviewed as they are important to the long-term growth and value of your company.
With the list of examples of company values provided, we trust you will be able find or create your company values with ease.